News, news! (updated 16/01/2017)
• Photoshoot evening at Over Stratton Open Gardens A selection of members' images from the evening can be seen here (click on the icon in the bottom-right of the frame to see the video in full screen mode).
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2016: The competition, on the theme of 'Corners' took place on 25th October ...... of the 5 local clubs participating we came out with a very creditable second place. Congratulations to all members who contributed entries.
• Photoday 2016
Pictured: Some of the contributors to our annual photo exhibition on South Petherton's carnival day.
Nineteen members exhibited over 300 images. The exhibition drew many complimentary remarks at the time and later about both the range of subjects on display and on the high standard of the images.
• February 1st This meeting feature Steve Cooper hosting an evening on 'Becoming a Better Photographer'. It will take the form of a series of short video presentations by professional photographer Beirne Raffe AMPA, each followed by discussion and further tips from the floor. (Find out more about Beirne's online and dvd tutorials here). We will also show 'Your 3 favourite images from 2016' and the photographers will be asked to say a couple of words on why the image is important to them. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Fire or Smoke.
(Apologies if you read the previous post and were expecting guest speaker Mike Birbeck FRPS to be visiting us with his presentation "The Tyred Photographer"; Mike has been called in for photo-judging duties on the same date so he'll be coming to us later in the year).
• March 1st Richard Martin will share images of his recent (and somewhat eventful) trip to New Zealand, taking in stops in Singapore and Melbourne along the way. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Winter Photography ..... so while there is still some winter out there, brave the cold and get out and about with your camera!
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2015/16 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
- entries due by 29th January 2017
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
- entries due by 26th February 2017
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
- entries due by 2nd April 2017
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.