News, news! (updated 27/02/2017)
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2017: Your Club Needs You! The 2017 inter-club competition comes around again in October. The subject for entries is "Agriculture" so please keep that in mind over the next few months as you are out and about with your camera. As usual we will need to select 10 images (5 prints and 5 projected) with no more than 2 entries from any one photographer.
• March 1st Richard Martin will share images of his recent (and somewhat eventful) trip to New Zealand, taking in stops in Singapore and Melbourne along the way. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Winter Photography ..... so while there is still some winter out there, brave the cold and get out and about with your camera!
• April 5th This month sees a welcome return by Don Bishop. He will be sharing his thoughts on landscape photography and demonstrating the use of filters to add more punch to your landscape images. Now, I did recently see a photo blog somewhere advocating two particular filters for the budding landscape photographer so hopefully I'll find out more from Don about how to use them.
See more at https://www.facebook.com/willowsgallery/
The monthly challenge for this meeting is Something Mechanical
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2015/16 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
- entries due by 26th February 2017
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
- entries due by 2nd April 2017
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.