News, news! (updated 03/02/2017)
• Photoshoot evening at Over Stratton Open Gardens A selection of members' images from the evening can be seen here (click on the icon in the bottom-right of the frame to see the video in full screen mode).
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2016: The competition, on the theme of 'Corners' took place on 25th October ...... of the 5 local clubs participating we came out with a very creditable second place. Congratulations to all members who contributed entries.
• Photoday 2016
Pictured: Some of the contributors to our annual photo exhibition on South Petherton's carnival day.
Nineteen members exhibited over 300 images. The exhibition drew many complimentary remarks at the time and later about both the range of subjects on display and on the high standard of the images.
• March 1st Richard Martin will share images of his recent (and somewhat eventful) trip to New Zealand, taking in stops in Singapore and Melbourne along the way. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Winter Photography ..... so while there is still some winter out there, brave the cold and get out and about with your camera!
• April 5th This month sees a welcome return by Don Bishop with more of his fantastic work on transport, especially steam locomotives. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Something Mechanical
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2015/16 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
- entries due by 26th February 2017
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
- entries due by 2nd April 2017
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.