News, news! (updated 20/04/2017)
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2017: Your Club Needs You! The 2017 inter-club competition comes around again in October. The subject for entries is "Agriculture" so please keep that in mind over the next few months as you are out and about with your camera. As usual we will need to select 10 images (5 prints and 5 projected) with no more than 2 entries from any one photographer.
• South Petherton Open Gardens: The Open Gardens event is on 4th June, but by special arrangement from the organisers we have our very own photography night/preview on Wednesday 31st May; more details to follow so watch this space. Please let John Nicholson know (e-mail John at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you intend to come on this visit.
• May 3rd "And now for something rather different ...." (as Monty Python didn't quite say). Frome photographer and biologist Victoria Hillman is visiting us with a presentation on 'Creative Nature Photography' ..... there will be a different slant on nature photograhy .... there will be spiders and snakes (or at least images of them) .... and some ideas on to make you natural history photographs stand out from the crowd.
See more at http://vikspics.com/
The monthly challenge for this meeting is 'In-Flight'
• June 7th Members' practical photography night which will include techniques in panning (and possibly Steve Cooper riding by on his bike for you to pan at). If there's time we might also have a look at some of your images from the SP Open Gardens visit. This month's challenge is 'At the top of the house'.
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2015/16 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.