News, news! (updated 21/08/2016)
• Photoshoot evening at Over Stratton Open Gardens A selection of members' images from the evening can be seen here (click on the icon in the bottom-right of the frame to see the video in full screen mode).
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2016: The title for this year's entries is "Corners" - so lots of scope for imagination. We will need to select 5 images for prints and 5 more for projection, with no more than 2 images from any one photographer. Just to get things going, our first challenge for the new season at the start of September will be 'Corners' as well.
• August 31st Our September meeting brought forward a week to give us more time before our annual 'Photoday' exhibition on September 10th (South Petherton's Carnival Day). The menu for the evening includes a short (but necessary) AGM, outline programme for 2016-17, preparations for Photoday, a showing of images from July's outing to the Over Stratton Open Gardens event and our challenge for the month 'Corners'.
• October 5th This month's meeting has a real treat in store featuring a presentation by Dorset photographer, Robert Harvey BA ARPS. Robert will share with us his passion for landscape and wildlife photography focussing in (forgive the pun) on images of winter in Britain, Yellowstone and Arctic Norway. Some of Robert's fantastic range of images can be seen at his website http://www.robertharvey.net/gallery.html - enjoy! This month's challenge is 'Summer in Somerset'.
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2014/15 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
- entries due by 2nd October 2016
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
- entries due by 30th October 2016
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
- entries due by 1st January 2017
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
- entries due by 29th January 2017
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
- entries due by 26th February 2017
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
- entries due by 2nd April 2017
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Theme Time' Presentations.
We would all like to see more of what you members get up to with your cameras. If you have a hobby or interest which you combine with your photography, or you just like to experiment with a certain aspect of creative image making, show us the results. You may just be seeking to gain some constructive comments on your technique, or aiming to inspire others to have a go, either way it would be great to see your efforts.
The new feature will be called ‘Theme Time’ and the aim is for you to show between 5 and 25 images on your theme and talk us through them during a 20-30 minute period. These ‘Theme Time’ slots can be fitted in when ever we have a spare period during a normal club evening. They can be on anything ranging from, ‘Pictures of my Fire Engine’ to ‘Wildlife encountered on my Jungle Holiday’!
All you need to do is bring your jpg files along to a club night and we can store them for you in a folder on the club computer. You can create as many Theme Folders as you wish, the more the better. We will then call up one of your theme presentations, on the evening when you like to speak. Easy!
If you want to contact the programme organiser to arrange a particular slot, or to ask questions, please email email@example.com, or catch him on a club night.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.