News, news! (updated 12/09/2016)
• Photoshoot evening at Over Stratton Open Gardens A selection of members' images from the evening can be seen here (click on the icon in the bottom-right of the frame to see the video in full screen mode).
• Bradford Abbas Shield 2016: The title for this year's entries is "Corners" - so lots of scope for imagination. We will need to select 5 images for prints and 5 more for projection, with no more than 2 images from any one photographer. Just to get things going, our first challenge for the new season at the start of September will be 'Corners' as well.
• Photoday 2016
Pictured: Some of the contributors to our annual photo exhibition on South Petherton's carnival day.
Nineteen members exhibited over 300 images. The exhibition drew many complimentary remarks at the time and later about both the range of subjects on display and on the high standard of the images.
• October 5th This month's meeting has a real treat in store featuring a presentation by Dorset photographer, Robert Harvey BA ARPS. Robert will share with us his passion for landscape and wildlife photography focussing in (forgive the pun) on images of winter in Britain, Yellowstone and Arctic Norway. Some of Robert's fantastic range of images can be seen at his website http://www.robertharvey.net/gallery.html - enjoy! This month's challenge is 'Summer in Somerset'.
• November 2nd We have an illustrated talk by local landscape photographer Brian Hutchings – Brian will show us some of his work and explain how to get great pictures from the wealth of landscape opportunities close to home. The monthly challenge for this meeting is Wet lands ...... which can be interpreted as actual wetlands, or simply just as lands which are wet - it's entirely up to you.
Monthly Photo Challenges.
Each month the club members are set a photo challenge to produce digital images on a set topic. The images are then reviewed at a subsequent club night and voted on to select the winner.
You can view entries from past 2014/15 challenges and earlier here.
Challenge topics and deadlines 2015/16
Click on the symbol below to see the entries.
• September ‘16 ‐ Summer in Somerset
- entries due by 2nd October 2016
• October ‘16 ‐ Wet Land Landscapes
- entries due by 30th October 2016
• November/December ‘16 ‐ Illuminated Windows
- entries due by 1st January 2017
• January '17 ‐ Fire or Smoke
- entries due by 29th January 2017
• February '17 ‐ Winter Photography
- entries due by 26th February 2017
• March '17 ‐ Something Mechanical
- entries due by 2nd April 2017
• April '17 ‐ In Flight
- entries due by 30th April 2017
• May '17 ‐ Roofs/Top of the House
- entries due by 4th June 2017
Entries: (please make no smaller than 1Mb and no larger than 2Mb) can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Click here for contact e-mail addresses.